Introduction and Background:
eMSME is a web enabled facility designed by Digital Empowerment Foundation for Micro, Medium and Small Enterprises with a cost effective web platform creation and service delivery with unlimited web pages and thereby facilitating hundreds and thousands of MSME entrepreneurs to have a virtual identity through information and communication technology platform for outreach and scale up.
The eMSME will help to serve outreach, market, promotional needs of MSMEs. It is a web service package designed in a way to provide services at a minimal cost which is sustainable and a low cost solution for very small entrepreneurs providing service and market value.
There are currently more than 2.61 Crore Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in India (as per 4th census of MSMEs conducted in 2006-07) and the majority of them do not have a website. Most of the MSMEs working at the grassroots level thus remain unknown and do not earn the appreciation and benefit coming from sources that can provide tremendous business opportunity to them. This anonymity might have been caused for reasons like lack of finance, expertise and networking. Lack of affordable Internet solutions from reliable vendors has been a major hindrance for micro and small enterprises to expand their businesses through Internet.
- A local digital content platform for national and global audience
- An informative and communication platform
- A networking platform
- A platform to air local issues for wider audience
- A virtual identity and presence in the global web platform
- Easy to maintain & update websites in any language
- Unique domain name/ URL and personalized emails
Through the eMSME initiative, Digital Empowerment Foundation aims to provide MSMEs a digital or web space – in local languages and/or English – increasing their visibility and to empower them with useful tools that can facilitate and enhance their business development in:
- Communication & Outreach
- Lead Generation and attracting clients
- Partnerships & direct linkage with other agencies
- Human Resource Support in availing skilled human resources
- Giving voice to local entrepreneurs
- Showcasing local products & services
- Selling products online
eMSME Services for Grassroots Entrepreneurs:
Any enterprise registered in India as a Micro or Small Entreprise. The organisation must be operational in a rural or semi-urban area.
- Domain booking and Web hosting: (.in; .com) with 1 Gb storage space. It is the platform in which your content is provided on internet: www.yourMSME.in/net/etc.
- Complete webpage design: It is the appearance of your webpage and the form in which your content is displayed on Internet.
- Online Forum: exchange platform in which your organization will discuss vital issues with other entrepreneurs and communities
- Creating Facebook fan pages
II. eMSME Client Community
- eMSME web service solution package is designed to serve:
- Grassroots organizations having community development initiatives anywhere in India and South Asia
- Grassroots individual innovators, social entrepreneurs undertaking social activities
- Self Help Groups into a set of diverse community benefitting and viable activities
- Artisans working in clusters
III. Other services
- Domain hosting space: It allows your organization to place more pictures, videos and information on Internet (Minimum payment)
- e-transaction gateway: It is a platform by which customers can directly make payment to your organization trough Internet
- MSME Blog: Members of the organization or the community can have their own webpage to discuss and debate on local issues
- Human Resource Training: Essential training in web page maintenance, content uploading, updation and design pattern
- Handholding service: The package includes a handholding service free of charge for 6 months post Web service delivery
eMSME Workshop images. See more:
Click on image to watch the eMSME Intro Film
For more queries and details please write to email@example.com
eMSME Entreprenuers Network enabled at: