Know more: http://pirengo.org
The eNGO programme is a web service package design in a way to provide services at a minimal cost which is sustainable and a low cost solution for grassroots organizations unlike any commercial service at market value. Under eNGO Service one can get a full website with a minimal cost including designing and uploading of the content. Also, the website would be offered in any Indian language, and while the content preparation is responsibility of the NGO, the gradual update mechanism and the system would be provided to NGO after the first time readiness of the website. There would be user manual on how to maintain and manage and update the website.
There are currently more than 1.2 million NGOs / CBOs and Self Help Groups in
India and the majority of them do not have a proper webpage. Most of the NGOs working at the grassroots level thus remain unknown and do not earn the appreciation and benefit coming from sources that can provide tremendous energy to them. This anonymity might have been caused for reasons like lack of finance, expertise and foresight.
- For hundreds of grassroots civil society and community building organizations active in India and in need of a visible virtual identity and presence across the globe.
- For those grassroots organizations who wants to reach out to maximum stakeholders beyond its immediate community.
- For those who is in need of a virtual identity and presence in this age of globalization and networking.
- For those community building organizations who is cost strapped to avail a range of web services at an affordable costs with a customized package.
- Unlike those commercial service providers, providing organizations a low cost web services and an outreach and communication presence.
- A local digital content platform for national and global audience.
- An informative and communication platform.
- A networking platform.
- A platform to air local issues for wider audience.
- A virtual identity and presence in the global web platform.
- A bottom up content creation mechanism and outreach.
Through the e-NGO initiative, Digital Empowerment Foundation aims to provide NGOs a digital or web space -in local languages and/or English-, increasing their visibility and to empower them with useful tools that can facilitate and enhance their daily activities in:
- Communication & Outreach: communicating their objectives and outreach of their activities to various stakeholders.
- Fundraising: attracting donors showing current and future projects and collecting funds trough e-fundraising platforms.
- Partnerships & direct linking with other institutions: to facilitate horizontal outreach and synergies with other organisations.
- Human Resource Support: To have access to volunteers and interns from India and foreign countries, to have access to skilled human resources interested in their development issues.
- Giving voice to local issues: giving testimonies of local situations trough the use of photographs, text and video and highlighting problems of local nature at national and international levels.
- Showcasing local content for global outreach: eNGO platform enables grassroots organizations to showcase local content for global audience for wider recognition and connectivity.
Eligibility for eNGO Services:
- Grassroots organizations having community development initiatives any where in India at district level and downwards.
- Grassroots individual innovators, social entrepreneurs undertaking social entrepreneurial activities.
- Self Help Groups into a set of diverse community benefiting and viable activities.
eNGO Primary services:
- Website Designing
- Free .in Domain e.g. www.yourngo.in
- Web Hosting Space
- Content Management System
- Content Structure, Layout & Uploading
- Free Networking & Out Reach Platform
eNGO Workshop images See more:
Click on Image to see eNGO Intro Film
- Madhya Pradesh