Digital Empowerment Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic interns, volunteers, researchers, writers and travellers, and degree or qualification is never a criterion. In fact, anybody, who is interested in ensuring ICT tools and digital media are used for helping the poorest of poor in the remotest of remote locations in an effort to pull them out of information darkness and empower them with digital literacy and access to information, can apply for an opportunity to work with DEF India.
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in development studies, social and human sciences, political science or sociology, international development, management any relevant fellowship or a related discipline
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operations, project management, project support and quality assurance, to ensure adequate provision of services, flow of information and the project’s compliance with its obligations
- Manage the project’s finances, human resources, assets, procurement, logistics and administrative matters, ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with DEF rules and procedures as well as with donor or fund requirements
- Supports briefings and trainings for project management and staff on applicable rules, procedures, good practices and the use of standard formats and systems
- Contributes to communication material and timely reporting to donors, on financial issues and, with the support of other project staff, on project activities
- Contribute in developing curriculum and digital-literacy content and conduct trainings and capacity building workshops
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, reports and studies, publications, proposals etc.
- Strengthening relationships with emerging stakeholders, especially third level institutions, organisations willing to work and working with digital intervention in areas of health, education, livelihood, financial inclusion and governance.
- Provides regular updates and reports on progress in areas or responsibility
- Guides, supervises and manages the staff at the field and build their capacities
- Travelling and staying at the project site (remote villages) among the community members will be a key part of the project work.
Content Writing, Professionalism, Planning and Organizing, Communication, fluency in oral and written English & Hindi, Work in teams, Development and Innovation, Decision Making, implementation, monitoring & evaluation skills, analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
A minimum of 1-2 years of progressive work experience is required. Experience related to development programmes, with national/international agencies. Working experience in community based projects/ activities are must. Experience in Project Management will be an asset.
Preferred Languages Known:
Regional Language, English and Hindi
INR 35000 – 40000 per month
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com, with the position name in subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Type of Job:
Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication & journalism, development communication, public relations, advertising or other related field.
DigiKargha is digitally empowering handloom clusters and weaver communities of India. It is operational in ten clusters currently. Each of the cluster has its own aesthetic value, culture and social aspect. To know more about this programme – www.dcdpindia.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare communication strategy and plan for DigiKargha including images, video and written material.
- Design social media campaigns for DigiKargha and promote its products online.
- Oversee and maintain programme outreach and produce communication material for public outreach.
- Coordinate communication activities and communication related to events at national level.
- Updating and maintenance responsibility for the websites.
- Develop content for public information products including press releases, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, success stories, newsletter and annual report
- Maintain Social media and web presence, storytelling, photography, videography and creative writing, documentation for DigiKargha.
- Maintain photo, video, campaign archive and support in products based photoshoots.n
Social Media tools, Content Writing, fluency in oral and written English & Hindi, Visual intelligence, SEO knowledge, Creative mindset, knowledge of Digital marketing trends.
A minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in civil society communications, media relations, editorial production or journalism, is required.
A minimum of 3.6 – 4.0 Lakh of per annum remuneration will be paid. It is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter and minimum of two writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line and cc it to email@example.com.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product manager to understand business requirements and turn them into technical specification and write high quality code
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution design and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Create technical specifications and test plans
Competency / Specialization:
- Extensive experience with C# and ASP.net / .NET Core 2.0 / .NET Web API core framework concepts and fundamentals/ MVC
- REST Web services & API Experience
- Strong architectural knowledge with two or more of – Micro Services, 12 Factor Applications and Event Driven architectures
- Messaging knowledge (Topics, Queues & Publish Subscribe)
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL, and ORM
- Agile Delivery experience
- Deploying .Net Core web application/api in Windows and Linux
- Experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, LINQ, and EF
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and deployment environment
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
B.Tech/BE in IT/CS from any recognized university.
Communication (English / Hindi / Other Language):
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.