Digital Empowerment Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic interns, volunteers, researchers, writers and travellers, and degree or qualification is never a criterion. In fact, anybody, who is interested in ensuring ICT tools and digital media are used for helping the poorest of poor in the remotest of remote locations in an effort to pull them out of information darkness and empower them with digital literacy and access to information, can apply for an opportunity to work with DEF India.
Type of Job:
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in development studies, social and human sciences, political science or sociology, international development, or any relevant fellowship in a related discipline
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer will support the implementation, monitoring, reporting and smooth operating of the project at the ground.
- Responsible for project management and operations
- Provide support and quality assurance to project team
- Ensuring adequate flow of information internally and externally
- Manage project’s finances, human resources, assets, procurement, logistics and administrative matters
- Ensure effective use of resources and compliance with DEF rules and funder requirements
- Support briefings and trainings for project management and staff on applicable rules, procedures, good practices and use of standard formats and systems
- Contribute to communication material and timely reporting on project progress
- Developing digital literacy curriculum and content
- Conduct digital literacy trainings and capacity building workshops
- Prepare draft background papers, analytical notes, reports and studies, publications, proposals and other relevant material
- Strengthen relationships with emerging stakeholders, especially third-level institutions and organisations willing to work in the areas of health, education, livelihood, financial inclusion and governance using digital interventions
Content writing, professionalism, planning & organising, communication, fluency in oral and written English & Hindi (knowledge of Tamil would be an added advantage), work in teams, development & innovation, decision making, implementation, monitoring & evaluation skills, analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills.
A minimum of 2-3 years of progressive work experience with development programmes in national or international agencies/organisations. Experience in community-based projects or activities is a must.
A minimum of 4.8-6 Lakh of per annum remuneration will be paid. It is negotiable and will commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter (that explains their experience of handling a project and the impact it has created) to email@example.com and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Type of Job:
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent), preferably in communications, journalism, development communications, public relations or other related field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in developing and managing programme-based communication strategy and plan in-line with the organisation’s needs
- Develop advocacy and communication material for all DEF programmes
- Oversee and maintain programme outreach and produce communication material for public outreach
- Coordinate communication activities and communication related to events at the national level
- Overlook and update organisation websites
- Develop content for public information products, including fact sheet, press releases, media advisories, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, success stories, newsletter and annual report
- Design campaigns and fundraising events, prepare elevator pitch, manage social media and Web presence
- Use storytelling, photography, videography and creative writing as tools for documentation of stories from the ground
- Support the development of knowledge products based on research findings
- Coordinate with project, programme and support teams for execution of roles and responsibilities
- Maintain and improve branding guidelines of the organisation
- Manage media and strategic partnerships; work towards increasing organisation’s visibility online through publication of relevant stories and research findings
Content writing, professionalism, planning & organising, communication, fluency in oral & written English & Hindi, ability to work in teams, ability to work under tight deadlines, development and innovation and decision making.
A minimum of 2-3 years of progressive work experience in the area of media and communications, preferably in development communication, media relations, editorial production or journalism.
A remuneration of 3.6 - 4.2 lakh of per annum will be paid. It is negotiable and will commensurate with candidate’s experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Full time / Part Time:
Digital Empowerment Foundation, among other things, manages some of the most empowering awards of South Asia. These are the Manthan Awards, mBillionth Awards, eNGO Challenge and Social Media for Empowerment Awards. These awards are instituted for empowering people and innovation through enterprise and innovators and those who aspire to make change in the society to make it better. These awards are highly respected and boast of its power of empowering ability. They all are in the arena of digital innovation but they have focus in different areas. So far these awards have accumulated more than 10,000 best practices from all over South Asia. Some of the names that you may know that we recognised much before anyone knew them are Ola, RedBus, Paytm, The Better India, The Daily Hunt and Desi Crew, among others.
We are looking for people who could be a part of the core team of the award as an institution. Following are some of the skills and expertise and keenness that we look for in you but most of all we want a passionate person who would enjoy strengthening the award institution by ensuring that we get best and most admirable nominations and they are processed through a system that entails section of jurors, mobilising jury, design the award event on the lines of unconference and equitable participation and built a close relationship with each nominee and awardees and with that further the cause of award institution building.
Sponsorships & Partnerships
- To identify and esearch potential new individual donors using personal contacts, data, references & regular contacts through face to face.
- To communicate effectively with prospective and existing donors on the activities of the organisation’s awards.
- To generate funds through fundraising and partnerships.
- Research markets to identify opportunities for fundraising.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Take responsibility for all fundraising activities. Follow up each event from start to finish; ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
Communication & Writing
- Prepare content for mail shots and correspondence using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Write content for promotion of event on social media.
- Research and get quality nominations to apply for all our awards.
- Disseminate information about each step to the applicants and the team.
- Manage content for award websites
Project Management & Coordination
- Program planning, execution, task management, administrative, upkeep and event updates, communications liaison and scheduling
- Budget management – plan to the budget / notify director of status
- Schedule speakers, jurors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicise event.
- Taking care of the appropriate PR coverage of the event
- Relationship management
- Coordinate event logistics, registration, attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations and reporting.
- 2-3 years proven experience as events manager
- Graduate's or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Events Management
- Expert planning, managing and coordinating skills
- Skilled in project management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organisational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- A team player with leadership skills
- Should be creative enough to come up with interesting ideas regularly
- Expert at planning budgets, negotiating and communicating with the clients
- Enthusiastic and should possess ability to create motivation amongst the employees
- Should be goal oriented and should strive to complete the assigned project on time
- Ability to handle stress and work extra hours if necessary
Remuneration will depend on qualification, experience and skill.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the post in the subject line and cc it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.