Digital Empowerment Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic interns, volunteers, researchers, writers and travellers, and degree or qualification is never a criterion. In fact, anybody, who is interested in ensuring ICT tools and digital media are used for helping the poorest of poor in the remotest of remote locations in an effort to pull them out of information darkness and empower them with digital literacy and access to information, can apply for an opportunity to work with DEF India.
Full time / Part Time:
Digital Empowerment Foundation, among other things, manages some of the most empowering awards of South Asia. These are the Manthan Awards, mBillionth Awards, eNGO Challenge and Social Media for Empowerment Awards. These awards are instituted for empowering people and innovation through enterprise and innovators and those who aspire to make change in the society to make it better. These awards are highly respected and boast of its power of empowering ability. They all are in the arena of digital innovation but they have focus in different areas. So far these awards have accumulated more than 10,000 best practices from all over South Asia. Some of the names that you may know that we recognised much before anyone knew them are Ola, RedBus, Paytm, The Better India, The Daily Hunt and Desi Crew, among others.
We are looking for people who could be a part of the core team of the award as an institution. Following are some of the skills and expertise and keenness that we look for in you but most of all we want a passionate person who would enjoy strengthening the award institution by ensuring that we get best and most admirable nominations and they are processed through a system that entails section of jurors, mobilising jury, design the award event on the lines of unconference and equitable participation and built a close relationship with each nominee and awardees and with that further the cause of award institution building.
Sponsorships & Partnerships
- To identify and esearch potential new individual donors using personal contacts, data, references & regular contacts through face to face.
- To communicate effectively with prospective and existing donors on the activities of the organisation’s awards.
- To generate funds through fundraising and partnerships.
- Research markets to identify opportunities for fundraising.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Take responsibility for all fundraising activities. Follow up each event from start to finish; ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
Communication & Writing
- Prepare content for mail shots and correspondence using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors.
- Write content for promotion of event on social media.
- Research and get quality nominations to apply for all our awards.
- Disseminate information about each step to the applicants and the team.
- Manage content for award websites
Project Management & Coordination
- Program planning, execution, task management, administrative, upkeep and event updates, communications liaison and scheduling
- Budget management – plan to the budget / notify director of status
- Schedule speakers, jurors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicise event.
- Taking care of the appropriate PR coverage of the event
- Relationship management
- Coordinate event logistics, registration, attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations and reporting.
- 2-3 years proven experience as events manager
- Graduate's or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Events Management
- Expert planning, managing and coordinating skills
- Skilled in project management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organisational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- A team player with leadership skills
- Should be creative enough to come up with interesting ideas regularly
- Expert at planning budgets, negotiating and communicating with the clients
- Enthusiastic and should possess ability to create motivation amongst the employees
- Should be goal oriented and should strive to complete the assigned project on time
- Ability to handle stress and work extra hours if necessary
Remuneration will depend on qualification, experience and skill.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line and cc it to email@example.com. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.